Wednesday, October 10, 2012

the rockstar

I am missing this lady a lot lately. I don't know if it's because her birthday would have been on Saturday, or the wedding planning and thinking about how supportive and excited she would have been with the whole process. My Mam-maw passed away the summer after I graduated high school, and now looking back I wish I would have savored every moment with her. Every kiss, every poached egg breakfast she made me. If wish I would have asked her a million questions and hugged her a little tighter. I realized this morning I can't recall the sound of her voice anymore, and that makes my heart hurt a little. 
+


wasn't she beautiful?























5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe this post made me sad for you. I don't know what its like to lose someone that close to you, so I don't have any words of advice. But I hope you are ok.

BuenoBueno said...

im sorry, i totally feel you. Gmas are special! I love my grandma more than anything and I treasure our time together. She was beautiful! I see where you get your looks!
:)
B

his little lady said...

Just gorgeous! Love this post! :)
xo TJ

Busy Bee No. 16 said...

I would give anything, for just one more day, with my grandmothers. My grandfathers too. It seems I miss them just a little more with each passing year.

Your love for Mam-maw touched my heart.

Allison Taylor said...

Oh yes, your grandma was absolutely gorgeous. This makes me want to take a road trip down to my grandparents just to tell them I love them. Sounds like your grandma was a wonderful lady!

Post a Comment