Friday, November 11, 2011

random whimsy

today is Veterans Day.
I am Proud of both of my Grandpa's for fighting in WWII.



Yesterday was my Mammie's 80th birthday.
I sent her 29 red roses and gerber daisies.
1 for every year of MY life. 
1 for every year I have had the world's greatest Grandma.
She still doesn't think of herself as an "old person". 
I hope I'm like that in 50 or 60 years. 





new link to my Flickr stream on the sidebar.
that was my Dad's Dad's Ford decorated for the 4th of July parade
on our town square in 1966. They drove it in the parade for the K. of P. Lodge (Knights of Pythias). My Dad recounted the whole day to me last night on the phone. He remembers everything, even that he had a toothache that day. He was 14. His Dad died 6 short years later in 1972. I'm glad he has this vivid memory of a happy day spent with his dad.



1st photo-- supplies: The Tattered Pear template; Storymappers 1 {cropped}  and papers from Sahlin Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment